Tuesday, March 11, 2008

kicking around

I will be signing up for a few community classes.

One is signing with babies, which I am talking to help Norma communicate. The class listing said it can also be used with people who have disabilities as well, so I immediately thought of her when I read it. Hopefully it will do some good before she goes completely blind.

Another I have my eye on is either jewelry making or belly dancing.

I have wanted to learn sign language and Braille sometime in my life. The class I am taking is a first step towards it. At one point I want to be a sign language interpreter for a few years, I feel I can learn a lot from it. I would learn Braille so I could type up all sorts of public documents and books that would otherwise be unavailable.

Its early but I am too stubborn to rest just yet.

No comments: